-->

5 Minute Vegan “Yogurt”

5 Minute Vegan “Yogurt”
5 Minute Vegan “Yogurt”
Vegan yogurt in a jar with a spoon.

What’s creamy, silky smooth, protein-packed, and certifiably sent from snack heaven?

THIS VEGAN YOGURT, you guys. Remember it from What I Ate Wednesday? We got so many comments and questions about this one!

Here are my answers to everything:

  • Basically five minutes.
  • Basically three ingredients (cashews, frozen fruit, and tofu don’t hate me)
  • Naturally sweetened with honey and fruit.
Vegan yogurt ingredients in a blender.

Vegan yogurt in a blender.

FOR REALS!

Okay, before someone gets mad, I get that this isn’t YOGURT yogurt. Totally understand. And totally respect people who make real yogurt – like the kind where you become a full-blown scientist growing cultures and looking through microscopes in order to get yourself a batch of creamy yogurt goodness. Shout out to you people. You are who I want to be when I grow up (I’m 32, I’ve got time).

But at the present moment, I am going to be brutally honest with you.

I don’t really care to get all sciencey with real homemade yogurt.

My yogurt-making MO is more like… eh, let’s blend some stuff up and make it super nutritious and creamy and taste like a decadent dessert and maybe throw in a probiotic capsule, maybe? That’s “yogurt” enough for me.

Vegan yogurt in a jar with spoon.

And even though I’m not vegan, I do find that sometimes it’s nice to just go easy on the dairy for a bit.

Which is convenient because you know what? this yogurt is HERE FOR IT. It sees your craving for a borderline ice-creamy snack and it raises you one that kicks dairy to the curb AND ALSO tastes like dreams coming true.

Vegan yogurt in a jar with spoon.

This could have really been a 15-Minute Meal Prep recipe, now that I think of it. I bought these cute jars and we kept a batch of this in the fridge all week and ate it with coconut oil granola and banana bread muffins for breakfast / snack / dessert on repeat.

Vegan yogurt in a jar with spoon.

I got the idea for this recipe from The Perfect Blend cookbook (which is a beautiful and SUPER healthy book, BTW – I am not nearly this healthy but I use this cookbook all the time)! Her recipe is a bit different but the concept of a blended vegan yogurt is similar!

Check out our video for how to make Vegan “Yogurt”:

Vegan yogurt in a jar with spoon.

5 Minute Vegan “Yogurt”


4.6 from 10 reviews

  • Author: Lindsay
  • Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Total Time: 5 minutes
  • Yield: about 3 cups (4 servings) 1x
Print Recipe
Pin Recipe

Description

This Creamy Dreamy Vegan “Yogurt” is the BEST! Made in five minutes with three ingredients and naturally sweetened.


Scale

Ingredients

The Main Things

  • 2 cups frozen peaches
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 12 ounces tofu (see notes)

The Extras

  • 1/4 cup liquid sweetener – agave, maple syrup, or honey  (more or less to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (more or less to taste)
  • 1 probiotic capsule (optional! see notes)

Instructions

  1. Blend everything together on a high speed setting until very, very, verrry smooth.
  2. Store in jars, in the fridge, for up to 5 days!

Notes

Tofu: I made batches with both silken and firm tofu and I liked them both! Not surprisingly, the firm tofu yielded a more firm yogurt (like the first photo) and the silken tofu was smoother / not as firm (like the last few photos).

Blending: If you’re having trouble blending it up, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of non dairy milk. For easiest blending, thaw your peaches first!

Probiotics: For a probiotic boost, you can empty a probiotic capsule right into the blender and mix it up. I actually preferred the batches I made without the probiotics. I felt like the texture got a little chalky with the probiotic capsule. Maybe it was my specific brand of capsules, I’m not sure. But the cookbook that initially inspired this recipe (The Perfect Blend) includes a probiotic capsule in the yogurt, and some of you may like to get those extra probiotics in! 

  • Category: Snack
  • Method: Blend
Recipe Card powered by
Advertisement